Monday, September 11, 2006

Parades






I started the Fashion Design course last week, and although it was merely an introduction class, it looks like it will be very enjoyable. On saturday we went into the city to buy some art supplies that I needed (namely a sketch board, newprint and charcoals). It actually felt good to walk around carrying a portfolio bag and have a legitimate reason to. I should also be able to spend plenty of time working on this course as the US department responsible for processing my work permit is only up to applications submitted at the start of June (I submitted mine at the start of August).

On saturday we caught the Deitch Projects Art Parade, only largely compelling because Fischerspooner was playing on a float. As you can see from the photos, there was some very interesting, if not occasionally bizarre attractions. They ranged from the well thought out and spectacular displays (such as Fischerspooner's float that spewed glitter out into the crowds from air cannons, a bunch of toilet bicycles, and Brooklyn high school marching band) to the disturbingly lame (unfortunately I have no examples, they have been erased from my mind).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home