Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Job's ahoy!


Well, last Friday was an action-packed mayhem-filled charge on the front lines.

I had a job interview for the position of Librarian with the esteemed fellows at the Laboratory Institute of Merchandising. It was a strange interview, conducted in two parts (and in two different places, firstly on 52nd st and then down to 45th st) and lasted a good 90 minutes all up. They still had people to interview so I am not expecting to hear anything back until November 27th.

I'm not sure how well the dashing Sgt M went in the face of their relentless questioning (particularly since I balked at their 'name your strengths and weaknesses question') but I'm moderately optimistic as I believe you don't waste 90 minutes on a complete prat.

I also managed to talk to the POP (Persons Of Importance) at the Virgin Megastore at Union Square (14th Ave) - the result of knowing someone who knows someone - and today had a call back that confirmed they want to put me on and will do so as soon as I have a work permit.

Which puts one in a strange position. I essentially have a job but no work permit. I suppose stranger things have happened.

Sir G came over on Friday evening and we all clambered aboard a wild taxi ride into Newark city at night (oooerr!) for a pleasantly surprising club called QXT's (and I think we shall be going back) where we saw the band Razed In Black.

Unfortunately, this was also the weekend that saw the Reverend Horton Heat, Bloc Party and the Gotham Girls Roller Derby in NYC....but I guess some sacrifices must be made.

Attached is a photo of the band, courtesy of Sir G.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sir S said...

and why would such an institute keep books? Or are they all magazines?

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or are they, dare I venture, PICTORIAL! Although according to the estimable Princeton Review, it is the "Best Northeastern College" (for the third year in a row!). The best in the Northeast? The best Northeastern College in THE WORLD? In the Southwest? What about the best East-Nor'-East College?

Anyway, such minutiae is really beneath and beyond us. Who the devil gives a tinkers' damn anyway?

Best of luck, old top!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home